Sunday, December 4, 2016

Observation1


For the ten hour observations for education, I was assigned to go and observe Boulevard Elementary School. I got paired with Ms. Infield who is a second grade teacher. Watching her this first day taught me a lot of ways of teaching that I wouldn’t have come up with on my own. The one activity that she does is she has the students use their fingers and write out the word in the air while whispering the letters they are writing. By doing this activity, it allows the students to hear how to spell the word, see how to spell it, and get involved in the class. I think that this is a good way to have students learn their vocabulary words because they are using multiple ways of learning in one. She allows for the students to get active throughout the class with as well. She allows for them to come up to the Smart Board and write the words, point to the words for the class to read, and then match the words to the activity it goes along with. I think that by getting the students involved like this throughout the class, it allows for them to stay engaged in the class and gets them up and out of their seats which can be beneficial when it comes to their learning. After how great this first visit was, it makes me excited to continue going back for the rest of my observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment