Monday, November 28, 2016

Proposal

After reading back on my BlogPost, I have come to see that there are a few subject areas that I constantly talk about. The first area that I talk about is how teaching has to be a passion. If someone enters the profession of teaching and they don’t love the kids and what they have to do, they aren’t going to make a positive and lasting impact on their students. The students are there to learn and they look up to their teachers. Teachers play a huge role in the development of each student. Teachers have to be able to love what they do. How much a teacher cares about his/her students, focuses on teaching each kid, and goes above and beyond to do their job are the qualities that make up a great teacher. Leading off of the qualities that make up a great teacher, is how teaching is one of the most important jobs that there are. Teachers have such a big job and a huge responsibility when it comes to shaping children and their learning. Teachers are shaping the future generations. Since the role of a teacher is so big and important, then the big question that every teach wonders is, why are teachers so underpaid? Since teaching is such a demanding job and it is effecting the future generations, then why is it constantly disregarded? Teachers ask themselves this all the time. Teachers work just as hard as everyone else. They are there from morning to evening teaching kids, helping them if they don’t understand the lesson, dealing with parents, grading, assigning homework, and so much more. What people don’t realize is all o the behind the scenes things that teachers have to do. They have to come up with lesson plans, go to meetings, hold conferences, grade, etc. Most teachers also have families, so after a long day of teaching and hard work, they most likely have to come home and take care of their families. A day for a teacher is just as hard, if not harder, than other workers. Since teachers have all of these responsibilities and duties, you would think that they would get paid more for all of their hard work that they are doing to create a positive and lasting effect on the future generations of the world.
When I think of education, I think of kind, caring, and genuine people who love what they do and want to positively influence their students. I think that those qualities lead to one becoming a great teacher, Teachers are special people who care about others and take the time to help teach their students. If someone wants to be a great teacher, they have to obtain the qualities that make a great teacher. When it comes to teaching students who are planning to major in education how to be a great teacher, I think that it is beneficial to have your students take a look inside themselves and then have them ask themselves “Why do I want to become a teacher?” If there is a genuine response to this question, then that student has the ability to be a great teacher. I think that the philosophy of education is simple; love what you do. If you love and care for what you do, it will lead to great things and great outcomes for you in your field. Especially being a teacher, the most important thing for you is to love your job. Waking up every morning should be easy because you are excited to go and see your students. If you love what you do, it makes you great at what you do.

My hope is that I find a great school with wonderful students who want to learn and respect me as a teacher. I hope to be able to impact their lives in some way because I am good my job. I hope that once I get into the field, I love going to work every single day to see my students and to see what kind of things that my students and I could accomplish that day. Where I get this belief of loving what you do is from my mom and my other teachers. My mom is a teacher and after constantly talking to her, she always tells me how much she loves her students and going to work. The teachers, who I consider to be great teachers, love getting up every day and coming to work. You can tell how passionate they are about their job and how much the students mean to them. I think that it is also important for a teacher to remember that not only can they have an impact on their students, but their students can have an impact on them. Knowing how much their students want to be there and learn allows for the teacher to want to be there. Also, according to a few academic journals I read, it showed that student-teacher relationships are very beneficial when it comes to a student’s learning. This is because a student wants to feel comfortable in the environment that he/she is in and they want to make the relationship with their teacher in order for them to feel safe and like they can trust their teacher. After further looking into this topic, I would like to further investigate how exactly these relationships are beneficial for the student. Whether it helps the student learn, communicate, with self-confidence, etc. I want to be able to identify the main places that student-teacher relationships benefit and help develop each student. I also want to see if the relationships differ based on gender and if it is easier for one gender to form a relationship over the other. The qualities that make a great teacher are the most important thing when it comes to looking at the philosophy of education and the formation of student-teacher relationships. These main key points, also lead back to the big question that all teachers and those majoring to become a teacher ask themselves, “why are teachers so underpaid?”

No comments:

Post a Comment