Sunday, December 4, 2016

Observation2


As I continue to observe Ms. Infield and her way of teaching, I keep finding and liking her style more and more. She continues to have her students write out the vocabulary words in the air with their fingers. She also keeps allowing the students to come up to the Smart Board and become interactive with the class and the lessons for the day. Something that she would do when the students would start to get too loud, she would say “1,2,3 eyes on me” and the students would respond “1,2 eyes on you.” This saying draws the student’s attention back to her and their tasks at hand. She also makes sure that the lessons that she is teaching don’t take up more than 20 minutes at a time. I like this way of teaching because if you have younger students working on activities for a long period of time, it will be very easy to lose their attention and for them to begin to get distracted. One thing that she would do, is small groups. She would have 5 stations for her students to go to and rotate throughout the time that was allotted for these group activities. During these activities, she allowed me to work with the students. I got to help the students with their spelling and reading comprehension. These students never failed to impress me. Their reading and comprehension skills were incredible for being second graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment