Wednesday, October 19, 2016

BlogPost5

At my grade school, there wasn't much talk about different sexualities. I think it was because we were so young that most of the students probably didn't know that there are different sexualities or they did know but it didn't make them look at anyone differently. Once I got to high school, people were more aware of the different sexualities.  I went to Ursuline Academy, an all girls high school, and if someone had a different sexual orientation, that didn't lead to others looking at you differently or mistreating you. All the girls at my high school were super supportive of people with a different orientation and if they weren't, they didn't show their opinions because they didn't want to offend anyone. At Ursuline, I am not sure if there was a group or a club like a gay straight alliance. I don't think that there necessarily needs to be a group started at Ursuline because of how accepting all of the students are of one another. Ursuline was definitely a place that allowed you to be who you are and to express yourself. That was one of my favorite things about the school. I loved how close everyone was to each other and how accepting they are of you. I think that it is very important for people to be accepting of one another. I think that it is something that should be taught from a young age, to love and except everyone. If that begins to be taught to young children, I think that there would be more acceptance of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment