Sunday, October 9, 2016

BlogPost4

Dear Senator Bill Coley,

My name is Danielle Brinkmann and I am an education major at John Carroll University. At John Carroll, I have begun to learn the basics of Education and the meaning of becoming a teacher. In my class, I have learned about the DeRolph case and the Supreme Court's ruling. The Supreme Court of the State of Ohio found that Ohio's system of school finance to be unconstitutional. I find this ruling troubling because there has not been much done in order to reform the school system. Why has nothing been done to help the school in Ohio? Schooling plays a huge part in every child's life. It is the place where they spend most of their time learning, with friends, and developing. If the schools aren't safe for the students, why are they still being allowed to attend them? Schools should be of the upmost importance, especially since learning and graduating school are of such importance in today's society. There should be more attention on schools to make sure that each student is gaining an education and that they are getting the attention needed when it comes to learning. I think that more attention and action should be taken to get schools up to code, because schooling is one of the most important things that any child will experience throughout their life.

Sincerely,
Danielle Brinkmann

No comments:

Post a Comment